The International Social Security Association (ISSA) is the principal international institution bringing together social security agencies and organizations. The ISSA’s aim is to promote dynamic social security as the social dimension in a globalizing world by supporting excellence in social security administration.The ISSA was founded in 1927 under the auspices of the International Labour Organization, and today has over 320 member institutions from over 160 countries.Employees Provident Fund (EPF) Nepal is an associate member of ISSA since 1980 A.D.
Excellence in social security
The International Social Security Association (ISSA) is the world’s leading international organization for social security institutions, government departments and agencies.
Leading global social security organization
The ISSA promotes excellence in social security administration through professional guidelines, expert knowledge, services and support to enable its members to develop dynamic social security systems and policy throughout the world.
- Community:The ISSA provides an exclusive member community and promotes cooperation and exchange through events and expert networks
- Knowledge: The ISSA develops professional standards, undertakes research and analysis, identifies good practices, and provides data on social security systems in 177 countries
- Services: The ISSA offers practical services and support for social security administrations.
- Innovation:The ISSA facilitates innovative approaches to strengthen administration, anticipate risks and manage change
- Promotion: The ISSA supports global advocacy to promote comprehensive social security